My Unpopular Opinion

I've always been that person who liked to go above and beyond in everything. School? Check. Friendships? Double-check! Personal goals? Most definitely! It's a quality I treasure so much that I forgot how much toll it put on me. At a very young age, I seem to work myself to the bone like an adult. Now, I would prefer to be that young again and do immature, foolish things.

Photo by Sebastian Voortman from Pexels

I want to go back to the time when doing too much or too little was okay. No responsibilities and disturbing facts that keep me up all night. By this time, I was not aware of this concept yet. I was more of a "balance and harmony" type of person. For me, there is no better formula than fairness in everything. But that was until I discovered that not everything in life is fair. 

Due to my overactive mind, my attention tends to wander a lot. I get distracted easily and I don't do well when I don't like the material given to me. It's like I was born to challenge everything and everyone. Like a Devil's Advocate. Even now, this unpopular opinion is only my bored brain trying to make sense of things. But believe it or not, it's for our own good. 

So, to preserve my time, energy, and mental state, here are some of the 𝙒𝙝𝙮-𝙄𝙛𝙨 I made after all my years.

"ᵂʰʸ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵈᵃʸ ⁱᶠ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵃᶠᶠᵒʳᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ᵐⁱⁿᵘᵗᵉ?"

"ᵂʰʸ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰⁱˢ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉᵉᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ?"

"ᵂʰʸ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉ ⁿⁱᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ ⁱᶠ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵈᵉˢᵉʳᵛᵉ ᵃⁿ ᵒᵘᶜʰ ᵒᶠ ʳᵉˢᵖᵉᶜᵗ?"

"ᵂʰʸ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ⁱᶠ ᵗʰᵉʸ ʰᵃᵛᵉⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵒⁿᵉ ᵃⁿʸᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉˡᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ⁿᵒʷ?"

I don't understand why we're forced to accommodate people and times that never matter. Why do we have to credit them for the things they have done their best to ruin us? Why do we have to show them our very best when in the end, we all get the same outcomes?

There are many more reasons why I've gotten lazier and more selfish. At the end of the day, I did this for my sake and, so far, it works! It made me feel isolated but it's nothing new for me. I chose to be alone all the time with my thoughts and only with a handful of people that really know me. I'm having fun by being able to disappear and reappear whenever I like. It's like the social rules do not apply to me anymore apart from the bare minimum things that I have to do.

Yes, I still have to work my way into uncomfortable situations but I already know how to put myself first. Being an adult does have its perks. I get to spoil myself and do silly things just because and nobody would budge. So if I were to be given the choice to restart my life, NEVER MIND.

I like my bare minimum lifestyle as it is. 

Less stress, more of Me.

Comments

Memo Articles

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *